UPDATED ON 12-JUNE-2021, to align with current situation
FRAMEWORK FOR FOREST SCHOOL CONTINUATION
This framework is put in place to safeguard the health and well-being of all stakeholders involved in activities organised by Forest School Singapore upon resumption of operations after the easing of current measures. This is taking a precautionary approach to minimise any COVID-19 transmissions risk that may still remain present in our society.
With the end of the Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) Period on 13 June 2021, we enter the phase of safe transition (Phase 3 Heightened Alert). Forest School Singapore will continue its outdoor operations, including regular sessions, family walks, holiday camps, workshops and projects from 14 June 2021, in a careful and safe manner.
The following framework will be adopted from the commencement of forest school activities until the easing of P3HA.
All stakeholders involved in Forest School Singapore’s operations, as listed below, will be expected to comply with the Framework.
Participants: Children, Parents and other Adults
Coaches (including all volunteers and observers)
Parents, Guardians and Helpers involved in regular classes, family walks and holiday camps (including drop-off and pick-up)
GROUP MANAGEMENT & TACTICAL MOVEMENT
Tactical Movement will be implemented as a additional pre-cautionary action that we voluntarily take to ensure safer experience of our participants where numbers are more than 5. We also take into consideration that we function in the outdoors 100% of the time from start till end, with high variation of location and movement within the natural forest that provides our immunity and strength.
- In the case that the group (including coaches) is larger than the stipulated size that is in place during the measures (AS OF NOW: 5pax per sub-group – 1 coach to 4 children), we will conduct the session with the safe distancing measure in place.
- All programs are required to keep moving through-out the duration of the program as much as possible. Any rest and stop-over should be held at a non-crowded and less-visible area, for less than 10 minutes.
- For the safety of the participants, no more than 2 sub-groups (3 metres apart) will share 1 location for briefing and debriefing. There is to be strictly no intermingling between both groups.
- We will split the sub-group internally before the day itself (and communicated to everyone via the coordinating whatsapp group), in the case that safe distancing measures may not be able to be upheld in some of the programs, due to the personality of the participant in the sub-groups.
- The gathering time for sub-groups will be staggered 15 minutes apart to prevent crowding.
—— ——- ——
Tactical Movement will be implemented as a additional pre-cautionary action that we voluntarily take to ensure after experience of our participants where numbers are more than 5. We also take into consideration that we function in the outdoors 100% of the time from start till end, with high variation of location and movement within the natural forest that provides our immunity and strength.
Click here to reference TACTICAL MOVEMENT:
Coaches Health Declaration (CHD):
All Coaches will need to fill in the CHD Form before commencing in the Forest School Singapore programs in the P3HA Restart.
Participants Health Declaration (PHD):
Participants will need to fill in the PHD Form before participating in the Forest School Singapore programs in the P3HA Restart.
(All Health Declaration will be actively applied, until the situation eases off)
OPERATION & SAFETY MANAGEMENT MEASURES
Coaches will ensure that safe management measures are executed and adhered to keep participants safe:
For Reference to Latest Updates on Safety Measures: